Pages

Jan 1, 2013

Goals - because it's a new year and it's full of loaded promises.

So, as we do each year, lets talk New Year's Resolutions.

1. Get Healthy - I don't have to lose weight (although I'll take it) I want to be more fit. I am thinking about joining a gym. (Collective Gasp) If you know me in real life, you know this is a rather lofty goal. I hate to exercise, I hate being sweaty, and I don't know how to justify the time. However, I do want to add it to my routine because I know it's the best thing for me and I think it might help me reduce out the stress of teaching middle school.

2. Travel Abroad - This is the year that I will obtain a passport and travel abroad (I'm looking at you Europe!) I have so many friends that have taken trips with tour companies and I am jumping on that bandwagon. I want to see the sights of the world and that involves traveling the world.

3. Ending Bad Habits - Biting My Nails, this is by far my worst habit of all. I am not a person who bites my nails until there is nothing left, but I get them pretty short. I have done it since forever and I would love to be able to go get a manicure and them not comment on the length of my nails.

4. Continue to have fun - Not every resolution has to be something to better yourself. I do a pretty awesome job of exploring the city and having fun and I hope that continues this year. I want to see more Broadway shows, go to concerts, and do some of the things I haven't done yet.

5. Share in happiness. This year I have friends getting married, friends having babies, and I'm sure there are friends who will get engaged. I want to share these moments with them because if they are happy, I am happy.

6. Learn Sign Language - This has been a goal of mine for a while and I have never actually taken a class or anything. I think adding sign language to my life would be really cool and I am slightly inspired by Bloomberg's sign language interpreter.

7. Shop less, Save more - This is tough. I love to shop and it is the biggest reason I had to buy a second dresser for my bedroom. I am ridiculous and I need to stop buying clothes. I am going to aim for spending $50 or less a month on clothes, shoes, and accessories. 


No comments:

Post a Comment