Pages

May 11, 2011

Addiction?

When I think of addiction I think of smoking, drinking, and other recreational drugs. I also think of shopping, eating, and gambling. I do not, however, think of TV shows. My sister likes to tell me that I have an addiction to crime shows, but I disagree. I have a FOND love for them.

1. I currently have 12 episodes of CSI: NY on my DVR. Excessive? I say that I am planning for a rainy day. 

2. I can tell you the entire premise of a Law and Order: SVU episode by just looking at the description and title. Obsessed? I would say fan, not obsessive fan.

They are pretty badass.
3. Horatio Cane makes me want to live in Miami. (No, not really, I couldn't even live in Miami for Horatio.)

4.Olivia and Elliot are some of my favorite names. Crazy? What's wrong with liking the names of my bestest friends?

5. Everytime I meet a new friend I refer to them as "probie" until we become close.  Weird? I think it is just a form of friendly hazing.

Basically, I am always watching a crime show. My favorite is Law and Order: SVU, followed by CSI: NY, NCIS, and CSI: Miami. I love the cliches, the absolutely crazy forensics machines, the twists, the "ripped from the headlines: episodes, and of course the drama with the show characters.

They say the first step to overcoming an addiction is to admit you have a problem. I believe that this is the truth, but I cannot admit addiction just yet.

What about you? Do you have an addiction or supposed addiction?

No comments:

Post a Comment