Pages

Sep 23, 2012

Balancing work and play

Weekends tend to fly by when one works a normal 7-5 Monday through Friday job. Needless to say, I made the most of the weekend and had a lot of fun, got a lot of sleep, and did some work too.

On Friday, I got home around 6 and the internet at my apartment wasn't working, so I decided to take a nap in hopes that it would work itself out. At 9, it was still not working, so I decided to continue sleeping. I woke up at 6:30 Saturday morning, and was refreshed after a much needed 12 hour nap.

The internet was still out, so I made my way to Starbucks and got some papers graded. Then I met up with some friends to watch the Gators play Kentucky! We went to an Alumni bar up here and it was a great time. 


The Gator bomb shots had nothing to do with the great time, it was mostly the winning that made everything awesome. I have gone to an Alumni bars a few times, but they are usually so crowded that I haven't stayed long. This time, we reserved a table, so we had a place to sit and it was really nice.  I also found out that our Alumni Association in New York has these T-shirts and it may be the next purchase I make:


My friend Jenny and I had a few hours to kill before her team (K-State) played, so we ate chinese food, watched the end of the Yankees game (14 innings!), and I may have taken a nap to sleep off those drinks from earlier.

We then headed to her Alumni bar and watched K-state beat Oklahoma, which is quite an accomplishment for them! It's always fun to watch football games with football fans, they get so pumped when their team does well.

After a day of food, drinking, and football, I came home to meet the newest member of my household. 

Sunday morning, I ran some errands, baked some pumpkin bread, and then went and tutored for a few hours. Now I am preparing for an Emmys party, even though I am bummed that Revenge isn't nominated for anything. I do hope New Girl wins something and Girls goes home empty handed.

Overall, a weekend well balanced. I just hope my body feels the same at 5:30, when that alarm goes off.




No comments:

Post a Comment