Pages

Sep 17, 2012

Concerts and such

My life of recent hasn't been only work. I vowed to continue doing fun things, and I have kept that promise.

I saw the backstreet boys. Yes, I am a 13 year old girl trapped in a 25 year old body. It was awesome and I sang my heart out.

I also went to an Imagine Dragons concert last Friday. Can I tell you how much love I have for this band? I have now seen them twice and they rock my socks off. I don't think there is a song I dislike, but my favorites are Radioactive, Demons, and On Top of the World.

I like them so much that I want them to succeed and do well, but I was sad when I heard their song on Glee this week because now everyone is going to know who they are and I'm not ready to give them up yet.


On Wednesday I went to my usual trivia night and we won again! We are on a 5 week streak. It was also my friend's birthday, so it was great to have a lot of people come out to trivia to celebrate with him!

I also spent this past Friday night at a 90's One Hit Wonders Sing Along. We danced, we sang, and I may have embarrassed myself by being overly enthusiastic when the DJ asked who had been to a sing along before. Favorite song of the night: Barbie Girl! I know every word.

Saturday was full of football. I went and watched the Gator game at a bar with my friend Jenny. The Gators won! Then we went to the K-State Alumni bar, because that is her team and they won too! Successful football Saturday.

After football, I went out with some friends to a bar called Calico Jack's. It was semi bar, semi club, but the music was pretty good. After a few hours of hanging out, the DJ turned on the lights and announced that a celebrity had walked in the building. Everyone got really excited and tried to get a better look.

That would be Mr. Belding from Saved by the Bell. I'm not sure we can classify him as a celebrity in current times, but it was pretty hilarious to sing the Saved By the Bell theme song and see girls trying to get their picture with him.

It's been a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment