Pages

Sep 16, 2012

Big Girl Pants

The past two weeks have been a whirlwind of crazy in my life. School started Sept. 4th and I have been busy busy busy since then. I have had my ups and downs, but so far I am liking the fact that I have my own classroom.

It comes with lots of responsibilities though.

For example, I have to wake up at 5:30 every morning to get to school. That's super early for a night owl like me.

I have to lesson plan. A lot. Everyday, the kids come into my classroom and expect me to have something new to teach them. Who knew that was expected?

I actually love the planning part, except when it eats up 5 hours of my Sunday. I love coming up with my own lessons and activities and I am having fun implementing them into the classroom. I never have to ask if my idea is good or if we could change something because I have 100% control over my lessons. It's awesome and I love being able to do all of the projects that I have wanted to try over the past few years.


I also have to do things like teach the Code of Conduct, write IEPs, and show up to faculty meetings. There is so much paperwork in teaching, but I am learning how to get things done during my planning periods, and not taking much home with me at night.

Now for the fun part:

Here is my classroom. No Judging, it's a work in progress and it may have been a closet last year that I had to transform into a classroom this year.



The pillow on my chair is a gift from one of my friends when we graduated from college! I love sitting down every morning and thinking about my girls and how we are all teaching now. I also have some bulletin boards on my back wall, one for each grade I teach because it's 3 different types of history. I tried to stay in the yellow and green family as far as colors, but some blues and browns found their way in. I have a lot more to do, but it works for now and it's all mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment