Pages

Jul 13, 2011

From NYC to Around the World

This morning I went to Good Morning America! I know it seems a little cheesy, but I just couldn't help myself, I want to have a feeling of what everything is like even if I look like a tourist doing it.
I had to wake up super early (5:00am) and take the subway into Manhattan. I got some caffeine on the way and made it to the GMA building around 6:35am. The shows starts at 7:00am and I thought that I was going to be in the live studio audience, inside, because I had sent and received a confirmation from them, but the live studio audience waits outside! So I found a place with the rest of the crowd and waited...and waited...and waited.

The first person we saw was Sam Champion. He was super friendly with the crowd and took a lot of pictures. Then we waited some more. Inside the studio, the show had started, but no one comes outside until around 8:15am. It was a little bit boring, because we all just stood there watching a TV for an hour and a half.

At 8:15, Lara and Robin and George came out to do the next segment. It was really fun to watch them talk to the crowd or each other and then all of a sudden turn towards the camera and begin their segment. They made it look easy...One of the biggest guests on the show today was Mark Sanchez, quarterback for the NY Jets. My Mom is the biggest Jets fan I was on a mission to get a decent shot of him.



Success!



I also got to chat with a few of the hosts and Robin even stopped to take a picture with me. It was a super touristy, but interesting morning. I'm not sure that I would go out of my way to go again unless someone from out of town wanted to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment