Pages

Jul 6, 2012

Fourth of July

I have lived in New York for two Fourth of Julys and have yet to see the fireworks in this city. Ironically, people say that this city has the most magnificent firework show, so maybe next year, I'll get to check it out.

This year, I traveled down to Washington, DC to see my sister. In order to make it work with my work schedule, I had to bring the little girl I am "nannying" with me. This was her first time in DC and it was my first time traveling with a child and no parents. We had a blast seeing the sights, watching the fireworks, and taking a little vacay away from the city.







It's one thing to go on a vacation, but it is a whole new thing to go on a vacation with a nine year old. I have become even firmer in my decision to not have kids in the next few years. I love working with them, I love teaching them, but I am not ready for my own.

1 comment:

  1. Seriously! I have a little cousin, he'll be 12 this August, and while he is a wonderful little companion he is also exhausting! No kids for me for a long, long time. I'm happy for an occasional movie day with him.

    ReplyDelete