Pages

Jun 11, 2011

Bucket List Week #2

This week has been E-M-O-T-I-O-N-A-L! School ended and I got to do some awesome activities form my bucket list. When I thought up this bucket list idea, I never knew how much some of these places and people meant to me. I have had such success finding friends to join me on my bucket list journey and I will always remember these 30 days...no doubt!

6/5/11- 6/11/11


(6/6/11)
Attend another play at The Hippodrome & Eat sushi at Dragonfly - Another double dipper, there are many from this week so prepare yourselves! The Hippodrome is a community theater that I fell in love with my first year in Gainesville. Student tickets range from $6 to $12 dollars and it is really one of my favorite ways to spend an evening with friends. That being said, I spent this last play at the Hipp with my sister. We saw the play Suds which is a 1960's based musical that deals with love and guardian angels. It was a fun summer musical and I am glad I got to see one more play before I move.

We went to dinner at another bucket list restaurant...Dragonfly Sushi Co. This restaurant holds a psecial place in my heart because it is where I had my first sushi experience. I always dreaded the idea of raw fish......and still do.....so I opt for the more american styles that have beef in them. I love the experience of sushi - the chopstix, the wontons, and the wasabi. What is a girl to do in NYC when sushi has fish in it???


(6/7/11)
The Top - If you know me at all, you should be able to answer the following question:

What is my favorite restaurant in Gainesville? If you answered The Top, then you either know me or are a good guesser. The place rocks my socks and I am truly going to miss it when I leave. I have spent evenings with girlfriends, birthday dinners, drunken french fry visits, and even my graduation dinner here. The food is off the chain and the ambiance is crazy-creepy-indie-cool. Plus, they have a photo booth! Bonus! It just so happens that I spent my last evening with my sister and my friend Jen who shares a love of the restaurant too. We stumbled into the Top on this Tuesday and I saw the sign....Taco Tuesday! I have heard of the magic of taco tuesday, but never experienced it. What are the odds that my last visit would happen to be on a Tuesday? It was meant to be!


(6/8/11)
Dinner with Danielle and her babies - Danielle and I have known each other for 5 of my 5 years in Gainesville. We met while workign in the mall together and have been friends for awhile. A few weeks ago, Danielle had twins and I have loved getting to know them and spend time with them before I leave. I can only imagine how big they will be next time I see them! I chose to spend my time with Danielle eating dinner because that is what we have always done....we figure out a meal based on what we both have in our pantries and then I cook it. Easy Peasy and a whole lot of fun!

(6/9/11)
Have crispy tots at Gator Dawgs - I ate out a lot this week..shame shame shame. Anyways, Gator Dawgs is a Gainesville staple for me and my friends. We frequented this hot dog heaven if you will before many football games. The menu is extensive and if you can think it, they will put it on a dawg. My favorite combos are the southern dawg, chili and coleslaw, and the Hawaiian dawg, pineapple, ham, and mozzarella. Plus they have crispy tater tots that will make you forget about french fries. In addition to great food, the walls are a combination of 70's movie posters and gator sports paraphernalia (classy or functional?). On this trip to gator dawgs, I brought Steven because he had never been (and he calls himself a Gainesville resident). We ate a hot dog, shared some tater tots, and I can close the book on this fine establishment.

(6/10/11)
Visit Devils Millhopper - A giant sinkhole in the middle of Gainesville! The best part is that you can walk down inside and view how the sinkhole has grown new vegetation and created waterfalls. Very picturesque and a great outdoor activity! I went with Jazz because she has never been and wanted to face the Florida heat. It was a quick but great trip to see one of Gainesville outdoor wonders.

Drink a beer at Stubbies -

Dear Future Husband, Please open a beer garden and let me try many fun new beers.
That is all.
Love, Laura

This place is awesome! Hundreds of beers on the menu and many on tap. I don't know anything about beer, but I really like to try new ones and see what I like and don't like. During this trip I tried 3 new beers and liked 2. Not bad! I don't even remember the names, but I do remember the strange fellow that helped me choose my first beer. He was an older gentleman, who was as one says, a beer aficionado. He described each beer to me, even though I never asked, and then proceeded to tell me where
and how it was made. He didn't even work there! I did enjoy the evening with my sister and Steven.

Go to the Atlantic - This was the best night ever to attend the Atlantic - 90's video dance party! I loved the music, the drinks, and the friends. The Atlantic reminds me of the benefit concert that my friends and I put on for a fundraising project in one of our classes. It is a really chill and fun place to go out in Gainesville.

(6/11/11)
Visit Museum of Natural History/Harn -Free museums are cheap, great for families, and great ways to spend a Saturday! Both of these museums are places I frequented during my years in the ville, but I still love to explore them and see what's new. I visited the Natural History museum with a few awesome teachers that I worked with. These two ladies are special because they really helped me get through my internship and became my friends along the way. I enjoyed spending time with them while also seeing awesome skeletons, butterflies, and Native Americans.


That was a whole lot of memories I just threw your way...only a few left! Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment