Pages

May 21, 2012

Weekend Recap



I can officially welcome Spring to New York City. This past weekend was beautiful weather! High 70's, clear blue sky, sun shining.

Be Jealous.

http://www.csmonitor.com/var/ezflow_site/storage/images/media/content/2012/05-17expecting/12587169-1-eng-US/05-17expecting_full_600.jpg
I spent Friday night out with some friends. We ended up seeing What to Expect When You're Expecting and it was decent. I laughed, I smiled, I cringed at the thought of labor. The movie was funnier then expected, plus it had less  birthing scenes than Knocked Up!  I am still not sold on Jenny from the block as an actress, and I felt that Cameron Diaz wasn't able to pull off being pregnant, but the men cast in the movie were fabulous. If you have a rainy afternoon or a free ticket, then check it out, but don't waste a pretty Spring day on this movie.



On Saturday, I went to The Great GoogaMooga Festival in Prospect Park.  My friends and I got to the park early, had no problem finding a shady place to call camp, and scouted out the vendors. We ate, we drank, we listened to bands we had never heard of. We got dessert, we visited more vendors, and we got a little sun burned. We had a good time. It was pretty much exactly what I expected, until the clock struck 2:30. Around two thirty, you could no longer see the field in front of you because it was covered in people. You could not longer buy food because the lines were either too long or vendors ran out of food. You could no longer buy beer or wine because their system was down. The madness only got worse. People took to twitter to complain about this free festival.





2012_ursula_lawrnece_tweet12.jpg



2012_kim_tranell12.jpg2012_jordana_googa_tweet1.jpg2012_andy_wang_googa_123.jpg

2012_ben_leventhal_googa1.jpg

Honestly, this was the first time this festival has been put on, it was day 1, you gave out 14,000 free tickets. Chaos was bound to ensue. I thought that it was great. I saw some food & drink I wanted to eat (blood orange lemonade, pork belly tacos), I saw some food I would never want to eat (horse bologna, fois gras doughnuts), and I tried some stuff.

Friends!



 Food!


  Crowds!




On Sunday, I skipped the food festival, but I did go to a farmer's market and a book club meeting. Success and relaxing.



Bring on the rain this week, but bring back the sun next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment