Pages

Dec 11, 2011

What I Did Today: Sunday Funday Edition!


 Today was a busy day of working and walking. I woke up at a decent hour and went and tutored for two hours. Then as I was walking to the subway, I came across this Christmas tree stand. I love that they literally set up on the sidewalks all over Manhattan. You really cannot walk more than a few blocks without passing a tree setup and the fresh smell of pine :)

 I had a few hours to kill so I headed to Columbus Circle and came across an awesome holiday market full of things that I wanted to buy, but I didn't. I am really trying to be good and not spend money on things I don't truly need.

 It was crowded! I maneuvered through the stalls and got a few more ideas for Christmas presents that I haven't bought yet.
 Did I mention that it is cold this weekend? Like in the 30's, so after doing some window shopping, I bought some soup and found a bench in Central Park. It was delicious Turkey Gumbo :)
Oh, and Central Park...it's beautiful even with no leaves on the trees. 
  

Then I went to my book club meeting where we read Reader One Player which is a novel that 1980's nerds will love. Someone in the group made Pacman cookies and I had to get a picture!
 

Now I am sitting in Starbucks, working, and blog writing. I'm not quite ready for Monday yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment