Pages

Mar 26, 2012

Weekend Recap

This weekend was a normal, run-of-the-mill weekend. I love these weekends :)

First up, Thursday night I went to the midnight showing of The Hunger Games. I loved it. Some people didn't, but I say it was a great interpretation of a fabulous book. The movie is never as good. I hung out with some good friends, ate popcorn, and got too few hours of sleep.

On Friday, I chillaxed. (official term) I caught up on the television I missed all week, like Pretty Little Liars (really intrigued by this show right now), Ringer (also digging the storyline in this show), & One Tree Hill (I cried this week, but I am ready for the final two episodes. It's been a few years too many.).  I also watched The Amazing Race (it's amazing), Two Broke Girls (I laughed, I cried, I got jealous of the Murphy bed and the space it gives them when they close it) & Shameless (it's at the top of my favorites list.)

On Saturday, I took most of the day easy and then I went out to a small bar in Brooklyn for a friend's birthday. We had a decent group of friends and it was nice to catch up with everyone. I was 1/2 of a winning fooseball team and the bartender learned my name and drink after 1 round, so it was fantastic. I may have gotten into an argument with a guy over who the better quarterback is: Tebow vs. Roethlisberger. I always vote for morals over what they can do on the field; he didn't agree. It was a fun night that ended with a funny subway story.

Sunday was a day for cleaning (after my roommates cat knocked over an entire bottle of alcohol), laundry (it is my new Sunday chore), and baking (I made cakepops!). Then I went to a friend's house and attended a super awesome Mad Men Premiere party. They won a contest through AMC and had all kinds of Mad Men themed party decorations and favors. We played pin the cigarette and gin on the cast. (I lost :( ) We drank, we ate, and we watched the premiere. It was a great way to spend Sunday night.

At last, we have come around to Monday and right now I am probably sitting at work reminiscing about my weekend and planning for the weekend ahead. Enjoy the day because it only happens once!



No comments:

Post a Comment