Pages

Apr 1, 2012

A is for April, Advice, and Analogies

Ladies and Gents, it's a new month. I can't believe it. March came and went faster than I can say OMGwheredidMarchgo?

Since the month flew by without me and I feel like my blogging has slowly become a series of link-ups, I have decided to take part in a new challenge for the month of April that will force help me expand my blogging topics. SO for the next 26 days (minus Sundays) I will be Blogging from A to Z and will feature a new post everyday with a topic of my choice that correlates to a letter of the alphabet.




Today is the letter A. It stands for Advice and Analogies. I have two stories.

Story 1:

Lewis Carroll once said, "She generally gave herself very good advice, (though she very seldom followed it)." I suffer from this problem. I am constantly thinking of ways to better schedule my time, clean my room, or save some money, but I rarely change those things because they take time and energy. Last week, I changed that and I am currently feeling rested and that is an awesome feeling. I heeded my own advice and did nothing this weekend. I slept in, I packed for my upcoming vacation, and I cooked multiple delicious meals. It was a glorious weekend that seemed to last much longer than most weekends. I may have also spent an enormously long amount of time giving myself a manicure and pedicure for the above mentioned vacation; bright pink toe nails are a must for a trip to the beach! I think I learned that I am a pretty smart cookie who should listen to herself more often.

Story 2:

Laura is to the public library as an Occupy Wall Street Protester is to bathing.

I love it, but I can't find time for it.

I currently have 7 books checked out of the public library. I have read them all. Months ago. I cannot find time to return them. I walk by the public library near my house every single morning and night on the way to the subway, but it is before or after they close and there is no drop box at this location. On days when I am not working and they are open, like Saturday, I seem to miraculous forget/not notice the pile of books on my dresser every time I walk out of my apartment. I keep having to renew the books online to not get late fees, but I really need to just return the books. I am keeping  lovely stories form other New Yorkers who may wish to read them. It's shameful. Maybe this week will be my lucky week.





3 comments:

  1. Hello! Stopping by for the A to Z Challenge. I like your blog's background.

    Susanne
    PUTTING WORDS DOWN ON PAPER

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Love your blog's title! "Orange sheep"... that's just awesome!
    2. You're right. WTF happened to March? I protest.
    3. I don't take my own advice either. Looks like I'm in good company?
    4. I have books checked out from Feb. that need to be returned, so don't beat yourself up too badly. I challenge you to return yours this week, & I shall endeavor to do the same. Let me know how it goes!
    5. Enjoyed your AtoZ & will be back tomorrow for the letter "B"! :)

    Andi-Roo /// @theworld4realz
    http://www.theworld4realz.com/
    theworldforrealz@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Also an A to Z participant.

    I also love your title and background. I can definitely relate to the advice-following thing, I never follow my advice. Good luck in the challenge.

    inkblots
    inky the hamster mommy

    ReplyDelete