Pages

Apr 2, 2012

B is for Broadway & Bucket Lists!

Welcome to day 2 of the A to Z challenge! Today is the letter B and I have fun things to share!



On Friday night, my friend and I decided to try and get lottery tickets to go and see the new Broadway show Newsies. After getting to the theater we found out that the show that night was cancelled and so we made our way to the Book of Mormon theater to try our luck in their lottery. After 30 minutes of waiting with 150 other people, we were not chosen for tickets for Friday's performance. Instead of giving up, we decided to walk a  few blocks and buy the student tickets at Jesus Christ Super Star.  Neither of us had heard much about this show, but it had pretty decent ratings and it's fairly new, so we figured for $30 we would give it a shot. 

I liked it, but it was not my favorite. In order to love the show you need to fall into 1 of 3 categories:

1. Jesus Enthusiast
2. Opera lover
3. Rock music listener




I fall into none of the above mentioned categories, but I can appreciate a good rock opera about Jesus every once in awhile. There were a few numbers that were really fun and I think that it takes a lot of play the part of Jesus. Overall, my friend and I had a good night, complete with Vietnamese food for dinner and a run in with a crazy group of neon clad orgy attending teenagers. (That's a story for another day. Only in New York, Only in Times Square)


























B also stands for bucket list which is awesome because it is the beginning of a new month. March was fantastic:

I went to 2 broadway shows.

My friend came to visit me!

I tried out a few new bars in New York. I think I'm starting to enjoy this going out business more and more!

I went to SNL.

I reached 50 followers on my blog :)

I saw a cat riding in a stroller.

I became addicted to the game Draw Something!

My trivia finally won one week of trivia!

I went the entire month of March without a morsel of meat. I almost had a melt down about not eating meat!

I planned two trips for April. One to Florida, One to DC.

I read 4 books.

I figured out a job for the Summer :)

I attended the St. Patricks Day parade on 5th Ave. 

I fell even more in love with this city.


For the upcoming month:

I will seriously get my driver's license updated. 

I will do my best to get a tan when I go to Florida for 9 days. 

I will buy an air conditioner to prepare for this Summer.

I really want to see Newsies on Broadway, I will attempt to win the lottery at least twice.

I am going to be reuniting with some of my besties in DC at the end of the month. I will try to not get too emotional or sappy.

My students take their citywide tests this month and I will bake them treats.

I want to get out and experience something new this month. A concert, a book signing, an art walk.

I am going to eat meat again, but I am going to try to do half and half. I really have enjoyed being meat free for the last month or so and I found that I am much more resourceful than I thought. 

I am very excited for a busy April, but my May is starting to look amazing too.



3 comments:

  1. Loved that movie Jesus Christ Superstar back in the Seventies! They had several good rock operas back them. They even showed us Godspell in school, something they would not do nowadays. I loved Godspell and Jesus Christ Superstar and Hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the design of your blog! And your title! I've never seen Jesus Christ Superstar, but love Joseph and his Technicolor Dreamcoat.

    ReplyDelete