Pages

Nov 11, 2011

11/11/11 A memorable date

I am all about milestones...

I remember crushing my finger in a door when I was young.

I remember the time I cried on my birthday because a girl blew out my candles.

I remember when I broke my ankle.

I remember my first (and last) experience with turnips.

I remember the first day I got glasses.

I remember the day I moved to Gainesville.

I remember my first Gator football game.

I remember the day I decided to move to New York.


6 months ago on May 11th, 2011 I started Musings of an Orange Sheep as a way to keep my friends and family up to date on my move from Florida to New York City. I thought that it would be a great way to share pictures, funny, stories and it would give me something to do when I was bored.

The blog did all of those things and so much more. As I write this, I am knee deep into NaNoWriMo, something I never would have had the guts to attempt had I not spent the last 6 months sharing my words with the world. I never thought that I would enjoy the blog as much as I do. I am constantly looking at things and trying to figure out how I can turn it into a blog post. I am also grateful for the friends and blogs I have found on the internet. These people that I have never met in real life that face some of the same obstacles I do, we share those thoughts through our blogs.

I am thankful for 6 months of funny stories, 6 months of link-ups, and 6 months full of memories that I will forever look back on with joy.

Here's to another 6 months plus some.

No comments:

Post a Comment