Pages

Nov 28, 2011

Holiday Blog Challenge! Day 1

I am a big fan of reading about the traditions and experiences that families have for the holiday season. It seems that everyone does things a little different, but I think that is why I am attracted to hearing about them. For the next ten days, I will be linking up with the fabulous ladies who also started It's OK Thursdays. They have come up with 10 different topics that relate to the holidays and each day I will be writing about the topic and and sharing my holiday spirit. Some days, I might have two posts, a regular post and a holiday challenge post.


 


Day 1: Favorite gift received EVER

This is a really hard topic for me to write about. I really enjoy Christmas presents and my family does an extremely awesome job at getting me gifts I like. I think that I am going to break it up into topics. 

Favorite from childhood - One year, Santa, gave me and my sister hamsters. I remember walking down my stairs and seeing the glass aquarium under the Christmas tree and being so confused on Christmas morning. My sister and I had those hamsters for quite a few years and it is one of the gifts that I remember being shocked about because I had never asked Santa for it. He is such a smart guy!

Favorite from the past few years - For the past few years, I have received many practical gifts from my Mom, which is expected and much needed as I grow up. I think the gift that now stands out as the most useful has to be my e-reader. I got it a few years ago, but I only got into using it after I moved to New York. It has really been a space saver in my purse and it gives me something to occupy the time on the subways and buses. I love borrowing e-books from the library and I have really stepped up my novel reading in the past few months.

Favorite from my sister - I needed a whole separate topic for my sister because we always take the time to give each other meaningful gifts at Christmas. I used to think that my gift giving skills were superior to hers, but my sister has stepped up her game in the past few years and has gotten me some awesome gifts. I have a pair of brown boots that she bought me when I couldn't find anything that I liked, that also fit over my giant calves. I have worn those boots so much and I still love them. It is my favorite gift because it means a lot to me that she took the time to get me something that I really wanted and needed and wasn't able to find myself.  

There are so many other gifts that I love. I love the little things like headbands and lip gloss and socks. I love giving gifts and seeing someone smile. I love gifts in general. 
    

2 comments:

  1. Sisters always give the best gifts :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from A Complete Waste of Makeup!

    I have the same problem with boots, it's always hard to find boots to fit over my calves!

    ReplyDelete