Pages

Nov 22, 2011

Ten on Tuesday - Thanksgiving Edition


I'm joining in with Roots and Rings to link up for this Thanksgiving edition of Ten on Tuesday! Enjoy the holiday, I know I will!


1. What are you doing for Thanksgiving this year?
This year I will be traveling to a friend's house to spend the holiday with her family. It's my first Thanksgiving away from home.

2. What are you most thankful for this year?
The adventure that I have lived. This time last year, I was not sure where I woudl be living or what I would be doing, but I made it to New York!

3. Do you have any traditions on Thanksgiving? The parade? Football? Long naps?
  Thanksgiving is all about traditions with my family. We eat cinnamon rolls in the morning, watch the parade, and smell the delicious food cooking. I am excited to spend the holiday with new friends, but I am going to miss waking up to celery and onions sauteing on the stove.

4. Is it called stuffing or dressing? Is it in the bird or a separate dish?
Stuffing. Definitely stuffing. It's much better in the bird.

5. Do you cook?
I do cook, but not this year. I think I am going to just enjoy the eating.

6. What is your favorite dish?
Mashed potatoes and homemade gravy. They always tastes better on Thanksgiving. I am also a fan of the leftover turkey sandwich with stuffing, cranberries, and mayonnaise. 


7. What is your dessert preference?
If I could eat anything it would be rice pudding. I love it sooo much

8. What is your favorite Thanksgiving memory?
I have three favorite memories:
  1. One year my Mom invited a lot of random people to Thanksgiving dinner. We had a great group of random people to share our traditions with. It was nice to have the lonely neighbors and random co workers, but it was a Thanksgiving that I will never forget. We still always talk about that Thanksgiving and laugh about the awkwardness.
  2. I also remember the first year that my Mom's fiance  joined us for Thanksgiving. They had just started dating a few months before and my Mom had to work the morning of Thanksgiving so my sister, her fiance, and I were in charge of stuffing the turkey and getting it in the oven. There was so much pressure regarding ruining the turkey that we made sure that it was perfect. Her fiance stuffed the Turkey with so much stuffing that it cracked the backbone of the turkey. It was awesome and my Mom still doesn't know how he managed to fit that much stuffing inside of the bird.
  3. The last memory is from last Thanksgiving. My sister and I held a Thanksgiving potluck at our apartment for all of our friends. Everyone brought delicious side dishes and my sister and I cooked a turkey. It was really awesome and I was super proud of my first turkey! The entire night was awesome and we had so many guests that we were camped out on the couch, floor, and camping chairs to share a food filled night.

9. Do you plan to shop on Black Friday?
I have and I haven't. I could take it or leave it. This year I have heard rumors that stores are opening at midnight and my friend wants to go.

10. What are you most dreading about Thanksgiving this year?
 The only thing I am dreading is the possibility of being stuck in traffic on a bus. That would be most unfortunate. I am actually really looking forward to celebrating Thanksgiving in a new way.

No comments:

Post a Comment