Pages

Nov 8, 2011

It's a good day!

Today is a special day, I have officially posted 100 posts on this here blog. It is thrilling to have hit a benchmark in just a few short months. I like to think that I make some people laugh and this makes me happy. I also like to think that I have people who read this that like to catch up on what is happening in New York. This also makes me happy.

I have loved sharing the surprises, the craziness, and the adventures I have experienced. I plan on continuing this for awhile.

As a way to re-introduce myself and celebrate 100 posts, I am sharing ten lists of 10.

10 Foods that I really enjoy:
  1. Lasanga
  2. Spinach
  3. Meatloaf
  4. Sweet Potatoes Fries
  5. Strawberries
  6. Icecream
  7. Beef Stroganoff
  8. Mashed Potatoes
  9. Snickerdoodle cookies
  10. Cheeseburgers with Mushrooms and Swiss
10 Songs I know by heart:
  1. Jackson 5 - ABC
  2. Jack Johnson - Banana Pancakes
  3. Oasis- Wonderwall
  4. Sister Hazel - Mandolin Moon
  5. Destiny's Child - Say My Name
  6. Spice Girls - Wannabe
  7. Sara Barielles - King of Anything
  8. Adele - Someone Like You
  9. Kate Nash- Foundations
  10. Taylor Swift - Love Song
10 Ways to Spend a Saturday Afternoon:
  1. Doing absolutely nothing except hanging out in my PJs
  2. Going to Central Park and reading a book
  3. Swimming at a pool (although not in NYC)
  4. Shopping alone or with friends
  5. Watching a movie at home or in the theater
  6. Meeting up with friends and catching up
  7. Painting my nails and the repainting them when I mess up
  8. Singing out loud and dancing in my room to my 90s tunes 
  9. Sitting in a coffee shop, drinking a slated carmel mocha, and listening to my itunes
  10. Talking on the phone for many hours with friends
10 places I want to visit:
  1. Paris
  2. Chicago
  3. Ireland - all of it!
  4. Cairo
  5. Buenos Aires
  6. Mount Rushmore
  7. Boston
  8. Las Vegas
  9. Sydney
  10. London
10 blogposts I have written and loved:
  1. The time I shared my neighborhood's history with the world
  2. The week I survived some New York Crazy
  3. The day I first visited one of my favorite New York sights 
  4. The time I took pictures of trash 
  5. The time I wrote about a couple who took it too far on the subway 
  6. The time I shared what an ordinary day looks like in my life 
  7. The time I wrote about public transportation
  8. The time a hurricane came to New York
  9. The time I saw a famous lady and her torch 
  10. The time a group of women sang to me on the subway 

10 movies I could watch over and over:
  1. The Hangover
  2. Practical Magic
  3. Sleeping Beauty
  4. Superbad
  5. Harry Potter 5
  6. Finding Nemo
  7. 16 Candles
  8. How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
  9. Pretty Woman
  10. The Sound of Music
10 things I use/check everyday:
  1. The Body Shop - Black Velvet Apricot Lip Balm
  2. Android Cellphone
  3. Macbook
  4. Metrocard
  5. MAC- Black Tied Eye Shadow 
  6. Ipod 
  7. My hotpink hair straightner
  8. Aveeno - Daily Moisturizing Lotion
  9. Facebook
  10. My Blog
10 Things I love about New York:
  1. The subway - it reallyis where the most interesting things happen.
  2. Central Park - Beautiful, peaceful, and I loove that it changes with the seasons :)
  3. The free stuff - concerts, book signings, parades
  4. The free exercise - you walk.....a lot. Plus I live on the fifth floor of a walk-up. 
  5. Culture - I am constantly surrounded by people and events that celebrate different cultures and I am fascinated by it. I seriously love the diversity in this city.
  6. The amount of single people - In Florida, it was rare to be single at my age. In New York it is completely normal to not be rushing into marriage.
  7.  Stores with escalators - It makes me really happy to shop at stores that have multiple floors.
  8.  Canal Street - I am completely awkward when I walk down canal street and have people ask me if I want to buy illegal purses, but I do love the deals on scarves and hats :)
  9.  The visitors - Everyone wants to come to New York and that means I get to see friends and family quite often!
  10. The weather - I love the cool chilly evenings. I love the Fall leaves. I love that it will snow. 
10 Pictures I have taken since I moved here:



 




 10 quotes I love:
  1. Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. —Oscar Wilde
  2. I don’t know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody. —Bill Cosby 
  3. When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile. --Unknown
  4. You have brains in your head. You have Feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. -- Dr. Suess
  5. The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time -- Bertrand Russell

  6. Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently. – Henry Ford
  7. Friends are like elevator buttons, they can either take you up or bring you down, choose wisely.
  8. Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can’t lose. – Bill Gates
  9. There would be nothing to frighten you if you refused to be afraid. – Gandhi
  10. Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school. —Albert Einstein
     
That took me a very long time to put together, but it was fun to scour the blog and find some of my favorite things. I have truly been so thrilled to have met awesome blog friends, shared in blog swaps, and had you all read about my crazy adventures in New York.

Here's to 100 more posts :)





No comments:

Post a Comment