Pages

Jan 22, 2012

49 Weeks left!

After the short hiatus, it's recipe time again! This weeks recipe is my favorite so far! It was quick, easy, and had so much flavor!

 The original recipe comes from Gina over at Skinny Taste but I made a few changes.


Ingredients:
  • 1 bunchof broccolini (baby broccoli)
  • 1 lb lean chicken sausage, removed from casing
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • 5-6 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 10 oz orecchiette
  • Mozzarella Cheese
Cut broccolini into pieces (I used stems and florets) Bring a large pot of water to boil. When it comes to a boil, add broccolini. Blanch for about 2 minutes, drain and set aside. Re-fill pot with water and salt for the pasta and bring back to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions for al dente.

Then it was sausage time! First I had to remove the casing which was not my favorite job, but it wasn't too dificult. In a large deep sauté pan, brown sausage on medium heat, breaking up into small pieces as it cooks. Since my chicken sausage was plain, I added in some dried basil, garlic powder, salt and pepper, but you can add in any flavors you like. When completely cooked through set aside.

Turn the heat to medium high, add olive oil to the pan; when hot add garlic and cook until golden. Return broccolini to the pan, mix well with the garlic and oil, season with salt and pepper and cook about a minute. Return cooked sausage to the pan and mix well. Drain the pasta.

Then serve the broccolini and sausage mixture over a bed of pasta and top with shredded mozzarella cheese.

Orechiette with Broccolini and Chicken Sausage should be added to your weekly menu this week, I guarantee it's success! I liked it so much I ate the leftovers for lunch and dinner the next day!

1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious! I really enjoy the Big City, Small Kitchen label. That sounds like a great name for an entire blog, or at least an entry title.

    ~Shane

    ReplyDelete