Pages

Jan 8, 2012

52-1 = 51 Weeks to go!

I finished my first week of the new year and things are starting off great :) It seems like I may have finally kicked the cough that has been plaguing me for over three weeks! I also stuck to my first goal of the new year and have created my first recipe in my attempt to try 52 new recipes this year :)


This week I made the Salted Caramel Peanut, Pretzel, and Popcorn Bars. When I first choose these bars it was the salted caramel that made be bookmark them and I am glad that I did! I always assumed making my own salted caramel sauce would be somewhat difficult, but I was wrong. It was so easy that I am going to be making some more soon to just keep around in case of emergencies (i.e. ice cream topping).


You can find the recipe I used by Brown Eyed Baker  right here, but here are some of my amazing* photographs**!

 


The bars were pretty simple to put together (it reminded me of rice krispy treats) and my friends really liked the texture of all of the different goodies inside! These were a pretty great treat for a get together and they only took me about 30 minutes to make! I love when things work out the way they are supposed to.



*I have a whole new respect for food bloggers. How do you take a picture while stirring hot sugar and marshmallows and not burn yourself?


** I have also realized that I have crappy lighting in my kitchen so prepare yourself for 51 more weeks of bad photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment