Pages

Jan 10, 2012

Twelve Changes

I have so many amazing things surrounding me in this city, but sometimes I spend too much time focusing on them and not enough time focusing on me. I came across this project called, Twelve Changes, which asked bloggers to make 12 small month long changes to their life in order to create a bigger better year long resolution. Everyone seems to agree that 12 small changes are a lot more doable then a giant new years resolution, so I decided to jump on the band wagon!

Example: Some of the other bloggers are choosing an overall goal to get healthier and their small changes are things like drink less caffeine or go to the gym 3 times a week for a month, etc.  


Here are my twelve changes to being a better me:

1. Write more snail mail and send it to friends and family.
2. Take a class in something I have never done before.
3. Volunteer somewhere.
4. Try 5 new hairstyles.
5. Learn more about html. 
6. Disconnect from technology for an hour a day.
7. Knit a scarf.
8. Help out with a political campaign.
9. Listen to more music from new artists.
10. Make my own jewelry. 
11. Stop biting my nails.
12. Coming soon...I have to think about it some more.

My changes are bizarre and random, but they are all things that I have really wanted to do in the past few years and I think that after I accomplish them I will feel productive and more well rounded. I will be adding 1 change to each of my monthly bucket list posts and I am thinking that it will be a great way to experience new things that are more focused on myself :)

If you want more information or want to join the project check out the blog here!

No comments:

Post a Comment