Pages

Feb 1, 2012

Another week...another recipe

 

I have had a really good time cooking all of the recipes for the past few weeks, but during those few weeks I have found even more recipes that I want to make. So from now on, I may be making a few switches from my original list of 52 recipes because it's my blog and my kitchen and I want to. Last week, I made a recipe that I had never heard of before, Stuffed Pepper Soup. I am a big stuffed pepper fan and a big soup fan so I figured marrying the two together could not be bad. 

I was correct. The soup was not bad. The soup however did not really remind me of stuffed peppers. Regardless of the misleading name, I would make the soup again because it was easy, tasty, and made a giant portion that enabled me to eat for many meals.

Check out the original recipe at Skinny Taste.




I did everything basically the same except I did not use white rice. I used my favorite rice combo (brown rice, red rice, and black barley) from Trader Joe's. This rice medley has become my favorite side dish in the last few months. It is perfect all alone or in combination with things like soups.



No comments:

Post a Comment