Pages

Oct 22, 2011

Help Wanted

Dear Friends and Family,

When I was 14, I went camping for 2 weeks with my Girl Scout troop from Florida to Idaho. We had a great time experiencing the North West, but when you have 15 teenage girls sleeping in tents and living without plumbing things are bound to get emotional. Our troop leaders had a brilliant plan to help us remain level headed throughout the trip, they gave us a daily piece of mail written from our friends and family back home. When you are broken out in hives, sunburnt, and really missing your sudsy fruit scented body wash, a letter from a loved one makes you forget about those bad things and focus on the hard work you did for two years to prepare for the trip.

As some of you know, I have signed up to participate in NaNoWriMo this November. I am very excited about it, but also a little nervous about keeping up my motivation to write over 1,600 words per day. I have been thinking about it and I think that I would really benefit from some daily inspiration and words of motivation from my friends and family. In order to get that needed daily inspiration, and not only from my Mom, I am asking those who would like to help to choose one day in November to send me your words of motivation. I am going to keep a list on this post of the dates that are still available. Once you sign up for a date, I will confirm it and then you  can send me a comment, a FB message, a text message, or an email on your day. I do not need essays here people, but a little bit of calamine lotion to sooth the itching would be fabulous.

If you want to participate, and I hope you do, choose a date listed below:

                November
M    T      W      R      F     S     S
        1      2      3      4      5      6
7      8      9     10     11     12     13
14    15    16      17     18     19    20
21    22    23    24     25    26    27
28    29    30

 Thanks,

<3 Laura

1 comment:

  1. This is such a good idea! And thanks for your words about NaNo, I'm glad to hear someone else feels the same as me. I still have no idea if I'll come even close to finishing, but at least I will attempt it!

    ReplyDelete