Pages

Oct 15, 2011

NaNoWriMo 2011


I am super excited to announce that after some deep thinking I have decided to participate in NaNoWriMo 2011! NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month and it takes place every November. By taking the pledge and participating, I have signed up to try and write a novel (50,000 words) during the month of November.

For the past few years, I have always been intrigued by the idea of writing a novel, but this year I have an idea for my novel and I am inspired.  If you know me in real life, then we have most likely had multiple humorous conversations regarding a specific topic, which is the basis of my novel. If you don't know me in real life, then just wait for it. Once I write this masterpiece (not even close) I will gladly share stories and such, but until then it's safer to keep some things a secret.

This does not mean that the blog posts will stop...no way Jose. I am committed to still post here regularly and am deciding to add the novel writing to my evening routine and weekend schedule. I may even learn to write from my phone during my commute to work each day.

The challenge breaks down to about 1,667 words per day from November 1st to November 30th. I am going to try my best to write, write, write. If I don't succeed then at least I can write about the experience!

All chances of completing anything else in November are slim. This will be my only bucket list goal and it is hefty. I will also need some motivation and support, so let me know if you are planning to participate or would like to be on an official Laura cheering squad. Misery loves company :)


No comments:

Post a Comment