Pages

Oct 10, 2011

Oh What a Weekend

This weekend, I did exactly what weekends are made for; relaxing.  It was a change from my usual weekend schedule of working and sightseeing, but it was much needed.

On Saturday, I woke up early, ran a few errands, and bought a new bed! If you have been reading my blog for the past few months, you'll remember that I have been sleeping on an air mattress. This purchase was long overdue and very exciting. I ordered the bed early in the morning and they gave me two options for delivery - Free curbside delivery or $65 for them to bring it inside. I didn't want to pay the extra money, but there was no way that I was going to carry a mattress by myself up 5 flights of stairs. So I paid them to deliver the mattress. They gave me an estimated delivery time and I waited all afternoon.  The delivery eventually showed up at 7:30PM and the guy literally flew up the stairs with my mattress. I think he got up the 5 flights faster than I do with my groceries. It was awesome.

Basically I slept for 10 hours on Saturday night because ohmygodIdidn'tknowwhatIwasmissing sleeping on an air bed for the past two months.

Sunday was a day of lounging around my apartment. I cleaned, did laundry, napped on the new bed (this is my new hobby), and watched some TV. I also baked some super tasty banana bread.

Today was another day free from school, thanks Columbus! I went downtown and watched the Columbus Day Parade as part of my October bucket list. It was lame. Sorry New York. I have seen the type of parades you have put on in the past and this was a poor excuse for shutting down 5th Ave.  It was basically a society of Italians followed by some bagpipes followed another society of Italians followed by a marching band. I saw 1 float and it was not super cool. I was not impressed.

Oh and New York, it's October - can we not have 80 degree weather? Thanks and much love.

1 comment:

  1. Columbus killed a lot of Native Americans. He doesn't need a parade haha. I agree, I'm tired of this warm weather...and I would have loved to see that guy sprinting up the steps with a mattress. Only one guy? Wow. I've been sleeping on a futon for the last year, I'm sure when I finally get another bed I'll sleep for a week straight lol.

    ~SP

    ReplyDelete